Beach & Boardwalk – Rules & Regulations
The Rehoboth Beach Police Department welcomes you to our fine resort area. It is our sincere desire that you enjoy a very pleasant vacation. Our local ordinances are listed below. Please follow them.
- We consider it a health and safety measure to close the beach during late hours. Persons shall not be on the beach between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- No changing clothes in comfort stations, on the boardwalk, under the boardwalk or in vehicles while parked on any public streets.
- No sleeping on the beach between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- No sleeping in cars, on any street within the City, on or under the boardwalk, or on benches.
- Age required by Delaware law to enter bars, etc. is 21 years.
- No drinking or open containers of alcoholic beverages on beach, boardwalk, or public streets within the City limits.
- No open fire on the beach.
- Dogs – It is illegal for dogs to run at large at any time. The City has both a leash law and a pooper scooper law which are enforced. Dogs are prohibited from the beach and boardwalk from April 1 through October 31.
- Bikes are allowed on the boardwalk during the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. from May 15th through September 15th. Adult bike riders are not permitted on the sidewalks at any time. Children, under 12, please check with police for regulations.
- Beach wheels are available 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day through Labor Day. They are at Maryland Avenue and the Boardwalk and Laurel Street and the Boardwalk. They are located on the beach and cannot be removed from the beach. First come, first serve basis, with no rental fee.
- No vehicles on boardwalk or beach.
- Skateboarding – Skateboards are prohibited on the boardwalk and bandstand year round and on the sidewalks and streets at all hours from May 15 through September 15.
- Roller skates and roller blades – No person shall roller skate or roller blade on the bandstand, boardwalk or Rehoboth Avenue.
- Parking Meters – Parking meters are in effect from the Friday immediately preceding Memorial Day until and including the second Sunday following Labor Day, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. prevailing time, until 12:00 pm midnight, prevailing time, of each day and shall apply to all parking meter zones established within the City. All thirty-minute parking meter zones shall remain posted and shall be in effect for the entire year.